Old January 14th 16, 08:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Tony

Default Printing USB to Parallel

Micky wrote:
I've been printing so many test sheets, I'm going to run out of black
ink, but I have an old monocolor laser printer that only has a
parallel port. (and it's not as black as it used to be which the
manual says is a serious problem.)

I also recently bought a USB to Parallel(CN36 Male / IEEE1284)
Converter Cable - 6ft
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

I know that having the right cable doesn't mean something will work.
I once tried plugging the toaster into the kitchen faucet and that
didn't work at all.

Any chance I can under XP or Vista or 7 print to my parallel port
printer with this cable?

There are a couple of possible causes of light print but it depends on the
printer model.
Also depending on the manufacturer the manuals are not always entirely reliable.
What make and model do you have?
Tony