Old March 6th 08, 10:06 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.misc,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Ignoramus24341

Default Is my HDD dying or something else from these errors and symptoms?

On 2008-03-06, Ignoramus24341 wrote:
Your hdb is VERY old (over 6 years of actual running hours). It does
not seem to support SMART error logging, so you do not know what is
wrong with it.

I think that it is dying based on your errror messages from console.

I would make sure to run a backup ASAP, like right now.

By the way: ALL HARD DRIVES DIE.

There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this.

Some die earlier and some die later. But they all die.

So not having a backup, verges on insanity. (I am not saying that you
are not backing up, just making a statement).