Old July 7th 04, 11:30 AM
philo

"DJS0302" wrote in message
This pertains to my Windows 95 machine which I still use. Last Fall I was
booting the computer and it beeped and said there were possible errors on

the
disk and I had to run a thorough scan to check the drive. It found one

bad
sector. I rebooted the computer and it ran scandisk again and found

another
bad sector. It was okay until this Spring when it found another bad

sector.
Now yesterday and today it found two more bad sectors.
I've had the computer for seven years and have always made it a habit to

run a
thorough scandisk and a defrag on a regular basis. I have a few

questions.
First, based on your experience and the fact that scandisk is only finding

one
or two errors at a time how much longer do you think the drive is going to
last?

it's impossible to predict how long the drive will last...
the best thing to do would be to just replace it

if you don't replace the drive you may want to backup all your data and try
lo-level formattting the
drive