Old March 29th 05, 01:57 AM
delinek

Default Compaq Presario 3017cl battery charging problem

My notebook is Compaq Presario 3017cl. I have a battery charging
problem. It appeared a few months ago. My laptop couldn't run on
battery power, even if it was indicating a 100% charge level. I mean
it would boot and run on DC for about a few minutes, and then turned
off.

It was driving me crazy, so I put that battery away and used only AC
power. And now, after about 6 months, I was trying to put that
battery back and recharge it, because it was 0%. It didn't want to
charge (there was 0% all the time), so I kept charging it for the
whole night. But it didn't work (the orange 'charging' LED was on
indicating charging, but there was 0% all the time).

It doesn't depens what OS I run. This problem remains also in linux
(tested on Fedora).

Any clue what the problem (and the solution) could be? Thanks in
advance.

(sorry for my English - it's not my native language)