Old June 22nd 09, 03:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

Default XP?

Perry Aynum wrote:
Think I figured out the game: If you go to Dell or HP, and select
"business" computers instead of home computers, most have XP as an option.

Watch your pricing carefully. I've looked at a couple of those options
and you basically end up paying for an XP oem license in addition to the
cost without the "XP downgrade" option.

If you want XP on a machine now, you can build one. I've done that for
several people that want good entry-level machines. You really don't
save much money off of the basic machines from the big boxers, but you
get a *better* machine with the choice of XP or Vista Premium.