Old June 21st 11, 09:46 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Robert Brereton

Default DP67BG Motherboard

I have just rebuilt my PC using a DP67BG board along with a i5 2500k cpu and
8Gb 1600 RAM (2 x4GB sticks Crucial Ballistix). I had a problem getting
windows 7 Pro 64 bit to install, it would fail at the unpacking files stage.
I ended up taking one of the memory sticks out leaving 1 x 4Gb in slot 1,
windows then loaded correctly. I have subsequently updated the BIOS to ver
1979.

Does anyone know if this a known issue or if there another setting I have
missed in the BIOS? I have not overclocked the machine and it is running at
default settings. I don't really want to have to remove memory every time I
reinstall windows.

TIA

Robert