Old August 29th 03, 10:15 PM
FatAntKnee

"Peter Cavan" wrote in
:

Hi
I have a Dell Dimension 8300 on which I want to improve the cooling. I
want to do this because I know the PC overheats after about 1 hr and
is quite unstable. There is currently the fan in the PSU and a fan on
the back which is vented to act as the CPU fan. I also added a PCI fan
to cool the VGA card. I can't add a fan which goes into a 5.25" bay
because I don't have a spare bay, and I can't find any other pre-cut
vents for fan addition. I think a fan sucking air in would help a lot,
but there isn't really anywhere to put one. Does anybody have any
ideas or advice? For example, would changing the HS on the northbridge
chip to a HS/fan be useful? Thanks
Peter Cavan

A 8300 should still be under warranty barring any mods you made to the
case. It should not overheat, if it does then it sounds like an issue that
Dell needs to resolve.