Old December 13th 04, 03:19 AM
John Doe

"Ian" wrote:

But now, the computer work for 3 weeks. During this 3 weeks I don't
have any problems except one (that append two time, see below).

Here's the description of the problem. When I open or close the
front door of my Tsunami case (from thermaltake) the computer
reboot and after I've a warning that say:
- Chasis intrusion detected
- New processor installed
To resolve the problem, I entered in the BIOS, save setting and
exit. After that the computer work well. I repeat that this problem
does't append every time I open or close the door, but only two
times in 3 weeks.

But last friday, I open the door and the computer close itself

And the computer close itself? I guess you mean it turned off.

and just 3 seconds after that I smell that something burn inside so
I unplug the computer but it is too late.

A burning smell is a bad thing.

So with this new info I think that the problem as something to do
with the case. There's two blue led on the front of the case and
the HDD led, power led, power switch and reset switch on the panel
behind the front door.

Sounds like you're looking for an answer in a place you won't find
one.

My question is: Do you have an idea of what can cause that and how
can I check for the source of the problem (without burn a another
mobo...)

I can tell you that opening and closing your case should have
nothing to do with your chipset overheating.

I could be wrong, but. As far as I can tell, you're talking about
your southbridge chip overheating.

I don't really understand how that can happen unless maybe it is
supposed to be cooled with a fan. Seems to me that if your room is a
normal temperature, that overheating should not be happening.

.... is everything properly cooled?
.... do you have a good power supply?
.... is your room normal temperature?

Maybe you are buying bad mainboards.

Thanks a lot again for your help.

Note: Excuse my for my bad english, I hope you understand me.