Old April 2nd 04, 06:07 AM
Hupjack

Kony.. thanks for the info. I was definitely thinking this was too hot,
and certainly was uncertain whether a chassis fan by itself would do the
trick when selling it.. I'll ask this e-tailor http://www.pcinfinity.net/
to right this wrong, and if they don't, I'll give them a scathing review at
http://www.resellerratings.com/..

Would you believe their receipt and an e-mail they sent bribe customers with
1 year additional warranty for positive testimonials? Blechhhhh.... quite
an unsavory business practice IMO.

They never should've bundled that low-end Speeze cooler with any chip
faster than an XP1800.

Certainly seems that way to me.
Assuming this http://www.speezeusa.com/5r281b1h3.asp is the same one that I
have... My box has a "G" on the end of the 5R281B1H3 model number... They
spec it as suitable... Of course, my chip is a 2600+ Barton, not a
Thoroughbred. I was just hoping the specs would support my claim that
pcinfinity bundled an inappropriate cooler. Is there another reputable
website, like perhaps an AMD one that shows what models are suitable? Does
the fact that mine's a Barton give me a legit claim that the heatsink was
inappropriate? Certainly the temperatures I'm getting make a pretty clear
cut case.

This is what the Speeze site claims this cooler can handle
Athlon MP ~ 2100+ (Thoroughbred)
Athlon XP ~ 2700+ (Thoroughbred)
Athlon ~ 1.4 GHz (Thunderbird)
Duron ~ 1.8 GHz (Morgan)