Old October 5th 03, 10:38 PM
Overlord

Don't have experience with Window Washer or Quick Clean.
But if Adaware doesn't find anything....
First download Startup.cpl and make sure nothing is running in the
background or trying to load at each boot.
Delete M$ LOADQM.exe which is their personal spyware that's always
trying to phone home with your system specs.
Disable Indexing which looks occasionally to see where all your files
are to make searches run faster and supposedly only runs when there is
nothing else going on but in reality can fire up at the most damned
inconvienient times.
Finally download M$ Regclean v4.1 which still does a good job cutting
old deleted crap from your registry.
Finally I trust you have enough ram that whatever you are doing isn't
constantly accessing a pagefile on the hard drive.

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 16:13:52 -0700, "Frederick Claus"
wrote:

Ok forgot to mention I do run adaware every day.

--
Shop from the comfort of your own home
E-mail: Put 'Avon' in subject line
"JAD" wrote in message
link.net...
spybot S&D and adaware and rid yourself of things messafee misses or

isnt designed to find.

"Frederick Claus" wrote in message

I have a PC that is about 3 years old. It is an HP with a 500mhz

processor,
and a 40 gig hard drive. My wife and I download a lot of software from

the
web. When we find we don't like it, we uninstall and delete it. I run

Window
Washer, and McAfee Quick Clean regularly. Only have Systray, and McAfee
Viruscan running. I also run disk cleanup and defrag regularly.

I do notice from time to time my PC runs very slow, sometimes freezes

and
gives me an unfixable error (have to shut down and restart).

Is my slow processor the problem, or do I have something clogging up my

PC?
Anything else I can do?

Frederick

--