Old October 5th 03, 11:54 PM
Frederick Claus

Default Help - PC runs slow

I have a PC that is about 3 years old. It is an HP with a 500mhz processor,
and a 40 gig hard drive. My wife and I download a lot of software from the
web. When we find we don't like it, we uninstall and delete it. I run Window
Washer, and McAfee Quick Clean regularly. Only have Systray, and McAfee
Viruscan running. I also run disk cleanup and defrag regularly.

I do notice from time to time my PC runs very slow, sometimes freezes and
gives me an unfixable error (have to shut down and restart).

Is my slow processor the problem, or do I have something clogging up my PC?
Anything else I can do?

Frederick

--
Shop from the comfort of your own home