Old August 9th 04, 11:43 PM
rstlne

"newsist" wrote in message

"rstlne" wrote in message

Why you running at 168, 166 would be the normal/default speed.
If it's in sync with the speed then that's good.

The FSB and memory are always in-sync so if I run at 168Mhz the memory
frequency will follow.

I think the 2500+'s will (virutually 100%) hit that 200mhz fsb without
fail.. the 2600+'s might be a bit different tho. To be honest I think

it
should work sooo..

Are the 2500+'s TBred?

What I would do is move the ram out of sync, set it to run @ 50% of the

fsb
frequency. then up the fsb up to 200 and reboot.. if the system shows a
processor @ 2300mhz then your ram just cant cut it at 200mhz with the
current settings.

I would like to try...but would increasing to 200MHz (increase of 34MHz)
mess up the processor permanently?

Increasing to 200mhz is best I would think ..
I did run my processor @ 210 * 11 for 2310 (mine is a old 2500+) so if my
old one can do 2300 then your new one should be able to also, what happens
when you try to run it at 200 fsb?