Old May 4th 08, 12:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
John Whitworth[_2_]

Default RMA-ing Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

"Fishface" ? wrote in message
John Whitworth wrote:

Had enough...this board is going back. After lots of grief, I've
determined
that it's suffering from the 4 sticks of RAM issue. It was an expensive
board, so I expect much better. I don't want to have to do loads of
tweaking
just to get it to work on spec!

Of course you tried bumping the MCH voltage a tad?

I tried the memory voltage at 1.8V and 2.2V (as per EPP). No difference.
Still intermittently fails on Memtest, and behaves strangely in Windows
(prolonged startup and BSODs). In fact, at 1066MHz, there was no difference
in performance between 1.8V and 2.2V.

Cheers

JW