Old January 11th 06, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default A8N5X SATA Controller/NV RAID and old RAID HDs

I just bought a A8N5X motherboard and have a few questions about the
A8N5X SATA Contoller and NVRAID:

1) My old board was an Abit NF7-S with the Sil 3112A SATA RAID. On the
NF7-S, I had two drives striped (RAID 0) that I'd like to move to the
A8N5X. Are NV RAID and Sil RAID compatible? I.E Is it possible to
move these drives directly over to the A8N5X using NV RAID set to RAID
0 and go? Or will I need to reformat these drives?

2) The two drives that I'm talking about above use the Abit (Silicon
Image) Parrallel ATA to Serial ATA bridge/converter. Will these
bridges/converters work with the A8N5X SATA controller?

Thanks for all your help,

Hal