Old July 30th 18, 11:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Power Button Problems

I have an Optiplex 360 that I cannot turn on because of a faulty power button.

I have no idea how to repair this since I cannot get to the power button, which is sandwiched in between the plastic case and a metal cage.

There is a small circuit board which a 20 pin cable(XT029) is attached to and runs to the motherboard.

I cannot find the pinouts of the cable and was wondering if I can disconnect the cable from the front PCB, would there be a way to manipulate it to turn the PC on. (The audio in/out doesn't work on the front of the computer anyway, and I'd only be losing those USB ports).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.