Old August 28th 05, 09:03 PM
Edward Diener No Spam

Peter van der Goes wrote:
"Edward Diener No Spam" wrote in
message ink.net...

They are both set to CSEL.

Try setting the drives to master and slave, respectively with the jumpers on
the drives and see if that helps. I've seen situations where CSEL doesn't
work well with CD/DVD drives.
Just a shot in the dark.

I specifically set the master and slave drive jumpers for my DVD drives but
without any difference. I am right, am I not, that I put the blank DVD in the
drive with the label side up to burn it, just as I do with a normal DVD to read
it ? It is so mysterious to me that while everything looks good and DeepBurner
acts like it is burning an image on the DVD, nothing is happening and DeepBurner
reports no error but just sits there as if it is doing something but nothing is
done. Of course the other software I tried just hangs, so something is
definitely wrong. Is there any software that will test a DVD writer and report
back if something is wrong with it and what it might be ? The Samsung came with
the latest firmware already installed, so it is hard to believe that the
firmware is bad.