Old March 23rd 07, 04:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Default HELP: Compaq Portable II BIOS ROM Request

On Mar 21, 12:10 pm, Disc Master I wrote:
Hi. I have a Compaq Portable II computer (1986, 286 luggable PC) and I
recently installed a 1.44MB floppy drive. The Bios ROM chip that is in the
unit only supports up to 1.2 5.25" floppies. I did some research and for me
to be able to use a 1.44MB 3.5" floppy I need BIOS ROM revision .N3 or
later. I have searched the web for over a week and haven't found anyplace
selling the chip, or any place with the image. If I could get the image, I
could have it burned to an EPROM and then place that chip into the unit.

If anyone has the actual BIOS chip or the image, please post there and/or
email me at johndraugr [at] soznet [Dot] net.

Thanks
John

Well... if it's in good shape, you might want to sell the unit.
Collectors will pay decent money for the really old and semi-unique
systems. Nowhere near the original price, of course.