Old August 4th 05, 02:14 PM
Ben Myers

The brands of the memory do not have to match. There are industry-wide
specifications re. the entire electronic interface between DDR and motherboard.
That's why memory is a relatively inexpensive commodity item.

The memory may well be Infineon, one of the remaining (the only?) European
memory manufacturers... Ben Myers

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:30:34 GMT, "Ned Hamilton" wrote:

I want to add memory to my new XPS 5 and wonder how close to the specs of
the existing memory I have to purchase.

I have 1GB made up of two DDR-2 SDRAM (Dual-inline 512KB 667Mhz Made in
Germany--can't tell the brand).

I have two more slots. I know it has to be populated in pairs but does it
have to be the same brand as the existing?

Or just 512 @ 667?