Old November 25th 04, 05:38 PM
Ben Myers

In a P3 RAMBUS system, RDRAM modules of different capacities are allowed, e.g.
128MB & 256MB. In a P4 system, they are allowed, too, as long as the rule of
matched pairs is adhered to, much like the classic Pentium motherboards with
72-pin SIMMs.

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:55:24 -0500, Eddie Crismond wrote:

Ben Myers wrote:
Pentium 4 systems with the 850 chipset require matched pairs of RDRAM to be
installed, unlike the P3 systems and 820 chipset which allow a single memory
stick plus a continuity RIMM (CRIMM)... Ben Myers

But I cannot mix memory moduals of different capacity, right? For
example, I could not leave the existing 128MB modual, and replace the
CRIMM with a 256MB modual?

Thanks
Eddie