Old April 19th 07, 07:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Default 939 cooler on an AM2 board

Skeleton Man wrote:
Hi guys,

Has anyone here tried mounting a socket 939 cooler on an AM2 based mainboard
(with some form of adapter/bracket) ?

I found one adapter, but I think it's only for the type of cooler that
screws directly into the two mounting holes. The cooler I bought (Asus
Silent Square) comes with a bracket that attaches underneath the board, but
it's designed for either socket 939 or socket 468 and as such the holes
don't match up with an AM2 socket.

Regards,
Chris

Did you see this doc ? It shows some tricks with the
retention brackets. Maybe you can make more sense out
of this than I can.

http://event.asus.com/thermal/2006/ss_mb_list.pdf

There are a couple comments here that things don't work
quite right for AM2.

Paul