Old August 29th 03, 09:50 AM
Martin

"Martin" wrote in message

"Phrederik" wrote in message
. ca...
Just looking for some ideas here...

The last few weeks my computer has occasionally had issues while

booting.
When I have problems booting I usually get a BSOD before the Windows XP
"Welcome" screen appears. Once this happens, there is nothing I can do

get the machine to boot. If I leave it for a while, it seems to fix

itself.
It's not a heat issue as this can happen at the first boot after the PC

has
been off for hours.

SNIPPED

Anyone have any other suggestions on how I can deal with this?

I had BSOD errors (on every shutdown) twice and found that a run of System
File Checker fixed the problem both times.

Open a Command Prompt and type

sfc /?

for usage and syntax notes.

I use

sfc /scannow

Have your Windows XP CD-ROM to hand as SFC may (will) need it.

Martin.

PS

The BSOD error message was

IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL