Old February 19th 04, 02:19 AM
Andrew Portess

"KB" wrote in message
"66C is too hot"
Like I said, no problem with HSF, no problem with Thermal compound.
Very thin layer on clean die and heatsink.
There are others who have their 2800's getting up to 66c under load.
If I had the 4500rpm fan that I used to(Coolermaster HAC-81) then max cpu
temp under load was and would be a lot less than 66c.
Reason one for not having it still: too much noise and vibration.
Reason two for present HSF: hours of too much noise.
If room temp is low then cpu temp drops
if high the cpu temp high.
Front fan makes no diff, clean hs base and die, re apply compound, no
difference.

Check the VCore in the bios and set to 1.65, sometimes at the default
setting it will be 1.7 or 1.75 and this will make the CPU run hotter. My
2500 + jumped upto 75oC when I installed a new vid card which blocked air
flows, reducing VCore dropped temp down to 50oC.

Andy