Old September 8th 08, 05:50 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
ps56k

Default Compaq V6000 - WiFi card

x-posting to compaq/hp

Our nephew's girlfriend had a problem
with her internal WiFi card on her Compaq V6000 laptop.
We all went to Best Buy and bought a Linksys PCMCIA card.
The store didn't have any internal mini-pci type cards,
guess the install would be too hard for mainstream buyers.

After she got home, she discovered that her Compaq V6000
has the "Express" slot vs the "PCMCIA" slot.
She went back and bought a USB WiFi just to get running.

SO - are there any WiFi cards made in the Express slot format ?
I haven't really seen any....

The Compaq V6000 has a known problem with internal cards.
Maybe I'll just have to get a mini-pci card and install it for them...

--

hmmmm -
not sure which card it takes - will have to ask them to take a look under

which card does it look like - notice the orientation of the edge connector
"mini-pci express" ?
http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/05/1a/5ca9_1.JPG

vs just "mini-pci" ?
http://i16.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/0a/5f/2cbe_1.JPG

"If everything seems to be going well,
you have obviously overlooked something." - Steven Wright