Old January 24th 08, 01:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
HH

Default power on password is on

I believe WU was bottom-posting.

HH

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
It's just a bit of fun to prod them some more. It's interesting that the
URL
cited gives no facts, only that usenet started with the bottom-posting
convention, followed by a lot of essentially repetitive statements. So
now, of
course, they all expect everyone to bottom-post. Had usenet started the
other
way with top-posting, you and I would be all set, and the bottom-posting
bigots
would be the frowned upon.

I should note that the original Western Union telegraph was
bottom-posting,
wasn't it? ... Ben Myers

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 00:25:25 -0500, "HH"
wrote:

Forget it, Ben. Your words are falling on deaf ears.

HH

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
. ..
Well, then. Let's see. Would you rather have an accurate response
top-posted
or a half-baked and ignorant response bottom posted? Let's exercise
some
value
judgements here... Ben Myers

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:46:08 +1100, Barry OGrady

wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:49:48 -0500, Ben Myers
wrote:

Balderdash! If you don't know what the computer is, do a little
research
before
posting a response, almost invariably followed by your obsessive
cluttering of
the newsgroups scolding people not to top-post.

A mindless google search turned up "Software & Driver downloads Compaq
Presario
6027US DESKTOP PC". Capitals are mine for emphasis. It took me less
time than
it took you to respond and then send your top-posting canned message!

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting

... Ben Myers

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:34:59 -0500, CBFalconer
wrote:

HH wrote: ** and top-posted. Fixed. **
"- Bobb -" wrote:
"CBFalconer" wrote:
ted wrote:

i have a compaq 6027us and the power on password is on and
has locked me out how do i unlock the pc. i need the hp
secret password to reset it.

If this is a laptop, you can't change it without the co-operation
of the manufacturer, which will also involve convincing them that
you own it.

When I worked at Compaq - had to SEND IT IN - they would wipe it
- OS to factory ( or maybe just tossed the old drive ?). So if
you NEED the data, remove the disk, install into a desktop pc as
second drive and backup before sending back ( ASK them while on
the phone)

It is a desktop, not a notebook.

So you can ignore my caution. But please do not top-post. Your
answer belongs after (or intermixed with) the quoted material to
which you reply, after snipping all irrelevant material. I fixed
this one. See the following links:

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/ (taming google)
http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/ (newusers)