Old October 25th 03, 11:33 AM
NewKillerStar

Did you format the drive first?

"Ricky Spartacus" wrote in message
om...
My new used Maxtor 5T020H2 20G HD arrived today and when loading the
Compaq full restore software into this hard drive it says, "Error, out
of memory" halfway into the loading process. The loading process is
halted. I notice the hard drive light in front of the computer rarely
comes on as quick flashes. No flashes or just 2 seconds flash on per 5
min.

It could be my Compaq restore software. But why do other hard drives
work with Compaq restore? I bought the 5T020H2 because it's known to
work with Compaq restore. If that means I may need to get a new
operating system I need to confirm it before I go get one. So what
could be the problem?
Thanks.