Old October 7th 03, 05:00 PM
Rackie

Well then be shocked cuz he is totally incorrect. Hey, how many times
have you phone a product tech support person only to find out they
don't know what they are talking about. No wonder is an EX compaq
tech. Maybe the same joker I talked to.

"Tom Scales" wrote:

I'd be absolutely shocked if HH was wrong. He's an ex-Compaq tech and BY FAR
the most useful and helpful person on this newsgroup.

Tom
"HH" wrote in message
.. .
I beg to differ. There is an 1800T-XL1, a CTO (configure to order), but no
1800XL1.In fact there are 4 models of 1800T-XL1, the 450, 500, 600 and

650.
Also there are also other models of 1800T-XLs, the XL2 and XL4. I make

every
effort to get my facts straight. I suggest you do the same before
criticizing others.
HH

"Rackie" wrote in message
There most certainly is a 1800XL1. I've had one for 3.5 years now.
Get your facts straight.

Yes, you can delete that partition. I repartitioned my hd into 5
partitions. I've never had to use the restore disk(have heard that
many time they do not work and that don't surprise me) but most likely
it will repartition to the factory settings.

"HH" wrote:

No such animal as an 1800XL1. 1800XL180? XL181? XL190? Anyway, leave it

if
you want to use the Recovery CD to do a full Restore.
HH

"JCH" wrote in message
. ..
I have a Compaq 1800XL1 with two partitions; Local Disk (C and

System
Save
(D. The D: partition takes up about 2.3G of HD space. Can I safely
delete
the D: partition and thus free up more HD space?