Old June 10th 04, 04:00 AM
Don Reese

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:51:04 GMT, "peter" wrote:

When I first got the A7N8X DEL v2.0 I installed the ASUS Nvidia drivers.
Later I updated to the Nvidia set without uninstalling the ASUS ones and there
were no problems.
Since then I have "updated" about 4 times,some being remixes, and every time
things went smoothly.
I run a Radeon Video card so in some of the earlier driver versions I did remove
the Nvidia video drivers from the install and still had no problems.The latest
Nvidia drivers do not have their video drivers as part of the package any
more.As for sound drivers ...once the driver package is unzipped you can see all
of its components and install each one separately or all at the same time.If a
sound driver is causing problems you can "rollback" to the previous one.
peter
"Don Reese" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 18:12:15 +0100, "Nero" wrote:

Yep, four regulars and one ultra

Thanks for all the answers. I figured it was a case of my not being
observant of my device manager information in the past.

I guess the reason I don't have the one Ultra is I'm using the ASUS
Nvidia driver version rather than the Nvidia set. I'd read about
people having problems just installing one over the other (mostly due
to the sound drivers I understand), so I didn't run that update.

However, if there's a fairly painless way to be running the latest
drivers without a completely clean install, I'm all ears.

Thanks again to all those who helped with this.

Thanks for the information, Peter. I may wind up just reinstalling
from scratch and using Nvidia drivers only.

Ever since the bios flash, my computer has spontaneously rebooted
while playing (in this case) Dark Age of Camelot. I never had this
problem with the prior bios (1003).

I haven't seen it happen while doing anything else, though, so I'm
thinking perhaps an uninstall and reinstall of the video drivers may
help. (One message after a reboot said the problem appears to be in
the ati-something.drv so I'm thinking it's worth a shot.) I have an
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro installed.

Also, I noticed my monitor (Samsung 191T) is listed twice in the
device manager. This may have been something that was there all along,
but in this case I doubt it. That would be something easily noticed as
I scanned the list every now and then. Should I delete one or both of
these entries? Both say they are working correctly.

In my post above I mentioned people having trouble with sound drivers.
I guess I should have said, I read they had problems with the control
panel and not being able to access it after installing Nvidia drivers
over the ASUS ones. If you've had no problems, I may yet give it a
try.

Thanks to all who have helped so far. I appreciate it.

Don

--
Don Reese