Old June 6th 04, 03:56 AM
Don Reese

Default A7N8X Deluxe v2.0 Bios 1007 flashed. Memory Controller question.

I just flashed my A7N8X Deluxe v.2.0 to the 1007 bios (late, I know,
but didn't really feel I needed it updated until I ordered a SATA hard
drive to replace my current one). I used the Alt-F2 method and all
seemed to go well, except for the machine rebooting without any sort
of "Flash Complete" message. On reboot it showed the 1007 as current
bios version.

When WinXP (Home) loaded, it repeatedly showed the "Found New
Hardware" message for the Nforce2 memory controller, and for PCI
memory.

I check in the System Devices section of the Device Manager and it is
showing 5 Nvidia Nforce2 Memory Controller entries. I'm posting on the
machine right now, so all seems ok, but is this something I should
worry about, and if so, is there a fix for it?

I did a Go ogle search for multiple memory controllers winxp a7n8x but
it didn't help much, so I'm hoping there are those still out there
using this board who may be able to help me.

Thank you.

Don
--
Don Reese