Old September 25th 05, 10:21 AM
Nicholas D Richards

In article , HH
writes
Tom,
This is the same guy who suggested a user install "the Windows software that
allows entering the BIOS." We're not talking about the sharpest pencil in
the box here.
HH

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
om...
Bull****.

Show me where the 'charter' says top posting is wrong. You pompous ass
people bore me.

Also, please post the EULA for the copy of W2K
"DCA" wrote in message

"HH" wrote in message
I'm afraid you are very mistaken. It was LICENSED for one machine NOT
sold. The COA might not even work on another machine.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN.
HH

1. Top posting is against charters
2. Have you read European interpretation of enforceable law on this?
3. You are very tiresome - you can't even be original in your expression.
blocked

I do not know about the sharpest pencil in the box, but.....

Top Posting is very annoying, and what ever you say, it is against
Usenet custom, makes a thread very difficult to follow and just plain
bad manners.

A thread where everyone has top posted is difficult to read because it
is out of chronological sequence; I have to read your reply before I can
read what the hell you are writing about. Or are your comments much
more important than your those to which you are responding?

A thread where most people have followed custom and bottom posted and
just a few know-alls have top posted, is impossible to follow. It is
like the American style of writing dates or the thread above, impossible
to follow.

I make no comment about the legality and enforceability of Licences that
restrict the running of software to only one machine. I am not
qualified, and as far as I know it is not totally determined, yet.

However, American law does not take precedence over EU and national law
in EU countries. A Licence written in America may say one thing and has
a given meaning in America, if it is sold in the UK, for instance, it
may have a different meaning in the UK and some provisions may not be
enforceable. In fact I, as the Licensee may have the right to force the
Licenser, in law, to do something different (Unfair provisions). This
is why Microsoft are in negotiation with the EU about their licences.
The consequences of those negotiations may not be entirely in favour of
Microsoft or the consumer.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Oł sont les neiges d'antan?"