Old April 6th 04, 04:19 PM
Mouse

Sure your PSU have enough capacity meaning are they at leas of the same
amount of Watts as the old one, as if not sufficiently powerfull, then
very likely they don't allow you to boot (because they cant deliver the
peak current required for the booting).
Also watch out which PSU you buy, there are very cheap ones which are
working, but that's about it, not to say they are crap and will make
your PC unstable and all the like, so buy a brand which is not the
cheapest and has decent values of +5 and +12V current supplies, all of
this depends on the HW of your system, which you don't seem to mention

mike wrote:

I have a very unusual problem with my power supply that I or noone
else can figure out. here goes;

My wife's computer-motherboard and power supply and cdrom stopped
working I assume some type of surge. I replaced her motherboard and
used a power supply from my computer and got her up and running. No
problems her computer started up right away.

I then bought a new power supply for my computer and installed it. No
problem light on M/B was on but computer would not start up. I tried
checking switch wires etc... and all connections no luck. I thought
maybe the power supply was defective. I even tried it into my wifes
computer and it did not work.

I then bought a new power supply and the same thing happened, it got
power but would not start. I tried it in both computers and no luck.

I then switched the power supply from my wifes computer(my original)
and my computer started right up.

To sum it up, my original supply works in both my computer and my
wifes. I then tried 2 new supplies which did not work in either
computers.

Any help would be appreciated. I am lost.

Thanks,

Mike