Old December 21st 05, 01:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Default Q: Why don't desktops us mobile cpus?

Then buy a laptop! Your point still eludes me.

If you put a mobile processor in a DESKTOP case with DESKTOP components you
will NOT save anything. You wont save power and you wont save money. Not
enough to force manufactures to create MORE PRODUCT then they already are
producing.

You keep responding with the same thing. I DON'T NEED THAT MUCH COMPUTING
POWER. Yet you keep failing to answer the same question that people keep
asking you. Even though sometimes it was a "round about" point.

What are you trying to GAIN by doing this?

"Maybe I should have asked why are there desktop cpus now that there are
mobile cpus"
Sorry, but that's a silly question. So I guess now that we have hybrid cars
why are we still making and buying gas cars? Or maybe EVERY car company
should make only Kia Rio's? I think the real problem here is you are
unaware of the statistics of the average PC user. You seem to think the
average user doesn't need any power. I think you are wrong. More
businesses use computers then home users so Intel STILL needs to make
powerful cpu's so like you where told before, why should they make twice as
many cpu's just because you want them to? I think Intel has a pretty good
handle on the market and I think they know a little more about what they
should or shouldn't do then you.

"So if Intel/AMD stopped making "desktop" cpus and only manufactured
"mobile" cpus what would be the loss?"
Actually the real question would be, what would be the gain? Also maybe YOU
don't give a damn about power (horsepower) but many of us do so I would
kindly appreciate it if you NEVER become the world dominator on cpu's and
take away my consumer right to have a very powerful system just because you
are on some green peace trip.