Old October 25th 05, 12:28 AM
Lordy

Default Never buy from PC World

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:38:16 +0100, bigbrian wrote:

I know many dozens of successful businesses who happily give refunds
without proof of purchase

SVP will unsually know your name and have your account details so they
know you've bought what you said you've bought. They still have enough
'proof' to safeguard against me 'cold-calling' them and saying a batch of
imaginary discs I've never bought before dont work.
Ie they simply check the order from their end.

Other people might remember you buying something in person, and happily
take that as proof But obviously that doesnt scale well!

Lordy