Old January 8th 05, 12:34 AM
Dave

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message
It's been almost a month now since I sent back my Shuttle. I don't want
anything fancy - no refunds, no alternative products, just another

model,
exactly the same, to replace the one thats been faulty since arrival.

Well, Aria have redeemed themselves I think.

Received an email today - it was tested, found faulty, and they've sent a
Shuttle SN45G3 (Mine was a G2) to replace it.

Perhaps now when you get it you could come back in here posting a thankyou
message, it is after all easier to stamp your feet say things like "Clearly
this is too much for them" babble about credit card company action etc,
rather then smile and say thanks and admit that you were just frustrated
how long it took to handle your return..

Mind you, the G3 is £10 cheaper than the G2 on their website, so I hope

it
is indeed an update model and not a cheaper alternative

What does the spec say on their site??? Is it better spec then what you
originally ordered??? If it is better or equal spec, then you have
absolutely no reason to complain, even if it is 10 quid cheaper. Prices
fluctuate, and if you went to court to moan you had been diddled out of a
tenner but gained a bit of equipment that was equal or better then you
originally ordered in specification terms, i suspect the judge/magistrates
(whoever!! depending on the type of court) would just roll around on the
floor laughing at you, smile, hand you a penny and send you on your way
The amount of time (approx 4 weeks) that it took them to sort your
replacement it seems is the average time it takes them, for me im happy to
wait 4 weeks safe in the knowledge that unless there is a cockup im gonna
get a replacement, for you 4 weeks maybe too long, however ask yourself
this....
Next time you order from a online company which would you prefer...
Aria, where if something goes wrong you know although it may take time it
gets sorted.
Or...
A company you might not have ordered from that may take the mick and keep
you waiting even longer then 4 weeks, or may not even deal with a return
you make ever at all,
personally i know what i would choose, the phrase better the devil you know
springs to mind