Old May 2nd 04, 12:27 AM
AU

not me. it is running pretty neat.

Same here. Very nice board.

I'm happy that both of you have had such a positive experience with this
MB - it sets my mind a little more at ease, too. I was only concerned
because of what I had read on some internet forums (particularly this one:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...VIEWTMP=Linear).
Perhaps these were just isolated incidents; maybe it was human error...
whatever the case, I was probably worrying about it more than I should have
been (however, all versions of the Asus board are more sensitive to memory
modules than the Abit and MSI boards - I don't think anybody would dispute
that).

I thought that the se edition some some kind of "light" release of it,

as i
think asus have had several se versions of their motherboards, all

lacking
some capabilities and features that the se-less versions all had if i am
not mistaken.

did you actually check the exact features and differences between the se
and the "se-less" ?

What did you have to go and say that for!! Just when I was feeling better
about my purchase...
Seriously, I did my research before I bought it and the only difference I
could find, like Ian, was the onboard ethernet controller. Also, the price
is nearly identical (10$ approx.) -- wouldn't they charge a lot less if they
had neutered the board? I certainly hope you are mistaken, because if the
board lags in performance (or features) compared to the non-SE Deluxe, then
it is going back.
The main reason I chose the SE was because it was released after the non-SE,
and motherboard manufacturers tend to iron out any bugs in later revisions
(also, the online store I buy from was offering a special deal on it - that
played a part in my choice too!). In the end, all I want is excellent
performance and stability; doesn't matter which board is the one to provide
it.

i dont really see the differences

Me neither.

http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=...eluxe&langs=01
http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=...eluxe&langs=01

None that should matter anyway.

Hmm... what exactly do you mean by that? I don't care if the new Marvell
ethernet chip isn't quite as good as the 3Com, but if there is another
difference you noticed please tell me.

Thank you both for replying. Oh, if either of you read this, would you be so
kind as to tell me what brand/type of RAM you're using? That would be
helpful.

Al