Old September 8th 03, 02:34 AM
Ed_

In article , Gene Puhl says...

"JAD" astounded us with: news:vH54b.5171$EW1.4896
:

curser in the right upper corner after 'Compaq' commercial and hit F2.

Also, if the HD has been formatted, the Bios is no longer accessed through
hitting F10 or F2 when the block cursor appears.
Trot of to the Compaq website for their bootdisk that allows access to the
BIOS. It's called a RomPaq

--
Gene P

My 7ap195 has been formatted, partitioned and clean installed 3 times on 2
different hard drives and I still hit F10 to enter the bios. As far as a
'rompaq', this is the name of any series of compaq updates that are burned to
disc and available from the Compaq support website. I've got three of them,
mostly useless now, that contain various drivers, updates and even a bios
update.

Ed