Old December 29th 03, 07:06 AM
Steve-O

"callsignviper" wrote in message news:3FKHb.223764$_M.990810@attbi_s54...
"Steve-O" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
I just got an Asus a7n8x motherboard, amd 2800 xp processor and a set
of corsair pc3700 twinx ram (512).. i set 'er all up but it won't
post! I've read about other people having problems with that
motherboard and have tried every recommended remedy - I've reset the
cmos numerous times, hit reset button countless times, tried every
memory config.. unplugged everything.. checked all the jumpers but it
keeps telling me there's a memory error which i think is a bs message
because it only says it half the time. - every once in a while, after
resetting it a while, it looks like it's booting, but it hangs again.
Should i look into buying new ram? Anyone seen this configuration
working? Is my mobo f'd?
thanks

It sounds as if you can get into BIOS Setup.

If so go to the "Main Menu" and select "Halt On" and change the value to "No
Errors." Save and reboot. Does the board complete POST now?

If not try just one DIMM or look hard at your power supply. All 480 watt
power supplies are not created or rated equally.

I have absolutely no idea what happened, but i installed one DIMM
before and it didn't work... came home from work and tried it again a
few times and now it works and I was able to get into the BIOS setup!
...... afraid to reset it though to connect my SATA drive. The
powersupply is a thermaltake 480W silent purepower, it's defenitely
not the problem unless there's a short somewhere which is what i'm
thinking is the problem now.
anyways, thanks for all the help guys.. greatly appreciated
-Steve