Old April 27th 14, 12:27 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Lee

Default Assistance Please

I have looked and looked but nothing seems to work. It is weird Can't
right click on
Desktop nothing happens, no icons at all. they all ended up in the
toolbar. No I did not move them either. Can't even drag and drop to
Desktop. Yes I did insert a background (wallpaper) a picture of my
wife. No problem with that though.

BillW50 wrote:
On 4/24/2014 6:42 AM, Lee wrote:
Hi BillW50, when I right click on the desktop nothing happens at all.
I do
have the tool bar but much prefer having the icons. For some reason I
always get something no one else gets! (grin)

Wow that is weird. Do you have a background (aka wallpaper)?

BillW50 wrote:
In ,
Lee typed:
I am running my Gateway on Vista and the other day I had a crash and
was able to recover from it but now my desktop screen is missing all
the icons that were on it. I have tried to drag icons to the desktop
from the tool bar where I found them. but so far no luck. Anyone
have any tips. No computer icon, no recycling icon and so on. But
the desktop is on the bottom tool bar. I have no idea of how to
correct this anything wold be appreciated. thanks in advance if
anyone has a clue.

If you have no icons on the desktop, you might have the view turned off.
Right click on the desktop and the context menu pops up. And select view
and make sure Show Desktop Icons is checked.

--
Lee US Army Retired
2004 Georgie Boy Cruise Master