Old November 15th 05, 03:05 PM
Duke Robillard

Default old SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 digital out cable to receiver

Duke Robillard wrote:
... an old SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 card. One of the
mini-plug jacks ... puts out a digital signal, so
I can plug it into the coax digital in jack on my
5.1 receiver. ... [with] a cable with an RCA connector
on one end for the reciever and a 1/8" plug on the other end
for the SoundBlaster.
But...the jack on the SoundBlaster apparently has two connections;
like it takes a "stereo" miniplug; one with both a "tip" and
"ring" connection. .... which is the digital?

Just thought I'd follow up with my results. I still don't know
which one is digital, but I found a stereo-mini-plug-to-dual-RCA
adapter, and just tried the red RCA plug one. :-) It seems to
work fine.

Duke