Old April 17th 19, 11:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99

Default How to unlock Bios? And a protocol for getting the BIOS screen ina Dell Latitude

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 5:38:22 AM UTC-4, Filip454 wrote:
W dniu 2019-04-16 oÂ*06:33, RayLopez99 pisze:
On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 3:29:10 PM UTC-4, RayLopez99 wrote:

Just be sure to backup your most important data to HDD. Cheap SSDs are
more prone to fail in general.

OK thanks, this was a $40 SSD drive like Flasherly implies, came with no software 'wizard' apps, so to overprovision I can set up another partition and never use it, or, if I read the internet correctly, if this is a 250 GB drive and I never put more than 200 GB on it (and I don't plan to, it's not even half full and I have no plans to add more programs or files to it), then it's already "overprovisioned" by 250-200 = 50 GB, right? I think so.

I'll just make a mental note to never exceed the 200 GB limit and backup religiously.

RL