Old April 16th 19, 01:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default How to unlock Bios? And a protocol for getting the BIOS screen in a Dell Latitude

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 11:38:27 +0200, Filip454
wrote:

Just be sure to backup your most important data to HDD. Cheap SSDs are
more prone to fail in general.

Over provisioning when formatting them isn't such a bad idea either.

My oldest is a Samsung 60G ... MLC, not sure the controller / DRAM
cache specs. $40 on a Christmas sale about 6 or 7 years ago. OS and
programs and I seldom actually write to it.

All subsequent -- HP, Crucial, Samsung -- though written to more
often, are also MLC SSDs, including the newest "cheap-o" $30 256G HP
700 series, dram-less and since revised from last year's MLC planar to
now equipped with 3D NAND.

Cheap 'n good, these days -- closest that seems to be -- is everybody
running to a Crucial non-300 series. Samsung is also close enough to
regular sales, for a few bucks more, to be worth giving Crucial a run
for the money. Should be a 3-year warrantee with either.