View Single Post
Old April 14th 19, 08:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99
external usenet poster

Default How to unlock Bios? And a protocol for getting the BIOS screenin a Dell Latitude

On Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 3:21:45 PM UTC-4, Shadow wrote:

This probably works:

https://biospassword.eu/dell-free-passwords
[]'s

PS WTF ? Win 10 ? Have you gone crazy Ray ?

--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Thanks to Paul, Flasherly, and Shadow for the answers. I am pleased with my cheap purchase and it's working fine, and I am going to upgrade the mechanical HDD to an SSD (that should just fit into the bay, according to a YouTube video, or it might require a slight shim), and this chip, the i5-2520M, is a dual core i5 not a quad core, is power saving, and, much to my surprise, is rated to go to a high temperature of 100C--water boils here-- before CPU throttling occurs, so with this potentially high internal temperature you have to be careful not to put "duck / duct tape" or even (?) electrical tape and certainly not superglue (apparently it gives off cyanide at high temperatures, you do NOT want cyanide gas in your workplace, lol) in order to fit the SSD into the bay, as it's a millimeter off in some dimensions as some people have suggest. I'll put a mechanical shim in. Anything with glue like tape will melt and leave a goo inside your laptop some people have said.

I will try the passwords that Shadow suggests, excellent, thank you, just for fun, but, as I say, I'm completely happy with all the BIOS settings that are already set by Dell.

As for Win10, I guess I'm crazy Shadow for not using, what, Linux? I forget, are you one of the Linux nuts I troll? LOL. Hey, we already do have Linux, in our smart phones, remember? ;-)

RL