Old July 10th 04, 06:07 PM
Lindsay

Default "Failure Imminent" should i continue?

Ok, a few weeks ago, my BIOS chip died, so I ordered a new one.
I have a ASUS P4S533 motherboard (it's like 1 1/2 years old). I
started the comp, everything worked, except for the CD and DVD ROMS.
Turns out, before I found out it was the BIOS that was dead, I had
taken it to a computer store to have it looked at. Without even asking
if they could start work on it, they switched a bunch of wires around
and never pulgged the power cords back into the CD drives but they DID
plug in the floppy, HD, and MB (with the 4 pin rectangular
connectors).
So I tried to plug them back in. I switched them around to try and get
them all to fit into the 2 CD drives, the floppy, the HD, and the MB
and couldn't. I then called ASUS and they said that the motherboard
had something like EASY power or something (Im not sure) and that I
didn't need to have the 4 pin plugged into the MB. So i unplugged it
and reset the RAM just incase.
I started the comp and got a message that read SMART predicts that a
failure is imminent blah blah blah.
Now that didnt show up before i switch the wires. Could that be the
cause? Should I just hit "f1" and continue? or should I do something
else? I WAS fetting a different error before that. it read "failed to
write ESCD." So im not really sure what to do here. I've got alot of
important crap on there.