Old April 8th 08, 04:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mickey

Default Pixma 1800 Faded Printing

Burt wrote:
wrote in message
(snip)
I've printed the 1 megapix photos thru Windows viewed thru Netscape
and the saturation is fine (even for plain paper) at print preview
100% which is 864 x 1152 pixels, Scaled 46%.
The problem of fading has only happened when using the Easy Photoprint
software that loaded to my Desktop when I loaded the printer drivers.
So, it appears the problem is restricted to that software.
When I see the image in either EasyP or Netscape on the monitor they
look fine.
There are very few photo manipulation functions in EasyP.
I must search on screen software manual now for more....

Easy Photoprint actually takes over the printer and doesn't permit you to do
much adjusting in the printer software. You can put in the adjustments, but
EasyP overrides almost all of them. Better to use one of the photo editing
programs that then permits "tweaking" the images. EasyP basically takes the
paper type you input and sets everything from the paper type.

By now you know that our resident Troll, Measekite, tries to blow smoke
whenever he can. Pay no attention to him as his primary function in life is
to irritate people.

I use EZ photoprint for the typ snapshots. While not as good as one can
get with some effort with a decent photo editor program, it does quite
well when teamed up with the Costco Kirkland brand paper Burt mentioned
in a previous post.

Mickey