Old April 8th 08, 03:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Default Pixma 1800 Faded Printing

It sounds as though the software you are using is not well profiled for
plain paper with your printer model, since you get good results with the
Netscape browser print function, the printer is probably fine.

If the EZ Photo Print software can't be adjusted to provide you with a
better result with the plain paper, a change of software may be what's
required. I am not familiar with EZ Photo Print software, but could
they have a ink saver mode that's been selected., or a lower resolution
mode? Some software assumes that the inks will bleed so much when used
with plain paper that the printer must be scaled way back in terms of
ink density to avoid a sopping wet print. But possibly with the printer
model you have, the dots are small enough, or the inks resist bleeding
and dot gain enough that they wouldn't require very restrictive ink flow
with plain paper.

Even plain paper types vary a fair amount in terms of appropriate print
density, so hopefully the software you are using has some type of
sliders or other adjustment options.

Art

wrote:
On Apr 6, 4:04 pm, "Burt" wrote:
"Michael Grey" wrote in message

Use the EZ Photo Print Software.
It will make all your adjustments for you.

It is making fade prints.
All washed out on plain paper for which there is a preference in
EasyP.
When I print it from a Netscape browser it's great on plain paper,
penty of saturation.

Like was stated already in this group use photo paper for pictures.

I will when it's needed.
I should be able to get a fair clear dark print just like any other
color printer will do.
It isn't happening in EasyP but looks fine thru Windows file in
Netscape viewing and printing.

It should be Canon's paper or go to the makers site and tweak your
settings.
I have seen a 1mp Polaroid (circa 1999) produce stunning pictures on this
machine.

I know even 1mp photos will look great on photo paper but they
shouldn't be faded like 50% in EasyP?
EasyP has a plain paper preference.
I'm gong to search the on screen manual which looks more detailed.

wrote in message
Brand new out ofthe box Pixma 1800 is making faded color prints.
There is no white lines or breaks on print test.
Everything is just weak and faded.
Black is good and solid.
Colors are there just very faded.
Nothing in manual about this.
Paper thickness lever is proper to the left.
Any ideas?
Bad brand new cartridge?
Thnx

There are many brands of photo papers that can produce good photo results
with canon dye-based printers. If you have access to a costco store,
purchase their glossy photo paper. It comes in 4x6 and 8.5x11 sizes and is
extremely reasonable. While it may not be quite a fade resistant as the
canon papers, it does produce beautiful prints. For brochures or greeting
cards you might try the Staples photo supreme double sided matte paper. It
often goes on sale with a two-for-one deal, and on rare occasion it is on
sale for $2 per package. The images are not quite as bright as on glossy
paper, but they will be infintely better than on plain paper. Inkjet
matte paper has a coating that doesn't permit the ink to diffuse into the
paper.

Thanks.
When I go to photo quality needs I'll look at this.