Old April 7th 08, 08:25 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Pixma 1800 Faded Printing

On Apr 6, 6:45 am, Arthur Entlich wrote:
I suspect the problem is partly the paper you are using. Also, most
printer use different profiles for different printing papers, file types
and even subject matter in some cases. The amount of ink, the contrast
and dynamic range and other issues all alter based upon the type of
paper which is going to be used. Most printers will provide you with a
choice in these parameters, and you will need to do some experimentation
to get the best results from your printer.

Art

The Easy Photoprint software that loaded from the printer allowed the
choice of papers and size/orintation of the prints. The choices
included "plain paper."

wrote:
On Apr 5, 4:42 am, Arthur Entlich wrote:
With all this talk of special inkjet papers, what kind of paper are you
using?

I was just testing with plain paper.

Is it a coated paper for inkjet use?

No, but I didn't expect high gloss perfection.

Also what settings are you
using for the drivers, draft, photo, what resolution?, etc.

The printer's print program is very limited to red eye correction and
not much else.
No resolution or other settings.

There is a possibility of bad heads, or bad cartridges, but first make
sure you are using the right paper and driver setting before chasing
after other problems.

Art

Thanks.
I'm going to try a high resolution jpeg file and photo paper.
I get an ok picture on plain paper but it is thru Windows and not
printer software.
I hate wasting ink and paper on testing.
Like I said, when I printed a reduced picture thru Windows rather than
the Printer Photo program it was not faded.
The manual is not much help either.
Just says clean and align heads.
Black printing works fine.

wrote:
Brand new out ofthe box Pixma 1800 is making faded color prints.
There is no white lines or breaks on print test.
Everything is just weak and faded.
Black is good and solid.
Colors are there just very faded.
Nothing in manual about this.
Paper thickness lever is proper to the left.
Any ideas?
Bad brand new cartridge?
Thnx