Old April 15th 05, 06:29 AM

Default Compaq Deskpro 386s model 2530

I have gotten a Compaq Deskpro 386s

From what I can see on this picture

http://www.geocities.com/daniel_lebr...s/r0015149.jpg it must be
the 2530 model.

The first issue is that I don't know how to have more memory.
The operating system I'm planning to run requires at least 8MB, and
would perform better with 12MB.

From this picture

http://www.geocities.com/daniel_lebr...s/r0015136.jpg it appears
the max memory in this machine is 13 MB, I don't know if I need a
memory expansion board or if I just need memory chips. There appears to
be some card which might or might not be the memory expansion board
(look at this pictu
http://www.geocities.com/daniel_lebr...s/r0015124.jpg )

I don't know what type of memory I need. It's for sure not 30-pin SIMMs
or 72-pin SIMMs.

The other issue is the hard disk. From what I can see on this pictu
http://www.geocities.com/daniel_lebr...s/r0015133.jpg this machine
only supports a handful of "types". I guess this means I can't just use
any 540 MB IDE drive I might have around. Also, I don't even know if
this machine uses IDE drives or "other" (ESDI ?) drives....

If anybody could help, I would be very glad.

Thank you,
Daniel