Old August 20th 03, 04:27 PM
Arno Wagner

Previously HKEK wrote:
I have had the ribbon cable in/out several times (though I may not
have swapped it out with a known good cable). I am running Windows
98SE.
Short of swabbing motherboards, maybe I can add a separate controller.

If the board has an ISA slot and the on-board floppy controller can be
disabled, then you can do this. Otherwise you cannot.

Arno

"Eric Gisin" wrote in message ...
if you can format in dos but not Win 2K/XP you ran into a well known bug.

m...