Old October 1st 03, 04:10 PM

I have run those modules at 5-2-2-2 with no problems. I am running three
sticks of 512 meg Corsair PC-3500 XMS now at 5-2-2-2 timings without
problems.

"KCB" wrote:
"Jason" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all,

Having tried both the SPD and manual settings (when I use SPD the BIOS

comes
up with the wrong latency values - it displayes 8-3-3-2.5 when the

settings
should be 6-3-3-2), as well as tweaking the core voltage (which btw
stays constant), as well as tweaking the RAM voltage, as well as
slowing down

the
fsb, agp bus and the processor the problems still remain - I'm thinking
either a HW conflict or bad RAM.
Would anyone have any ideas how to reproduce these errors? I've
tried memory intensive apps and various loading programs to try and get
the computer to malfunction, but during all of these it seems strangely
stable...

Regards,
Jason

Does it work at 8-3-3-2.5?? I can get stable at these settings without
TwinX modules. Corsair website says 7-3-3-2 he
http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/xms.html#twinx
and then in their asus mobo memory guide, they recomment using only one
stick of TwinX (??) See that he
http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair...us-Jul2003.pdf
Have you tried memtest86? This showed me some errors at faster timings
and I learned to never boot into windows if memtest is showing errors
because corrupt files are almost guaranteed. If you can show Corsair
that a respected testing program is showing errors at their recommended
settings then I think that deserves an RMA without question. Good luck.

Athlon XP 3200+ @2.19GHz
Asus A7N8X Deluxe PCB 2.0 Bios 1005
Corsair XMS TwinX 1024MB PC3200C2
Creative SB Audigy 2 Platinum eX
HIS Excalibur Radeon 9800 Pro
Hauppage WinTV PCI Card
Adaptec AHA-2940U2W SCSI Controller
Windows XP SP1

The problem seems to be memory related - I get a few BSODs that

display
general page faults, and errors in both the paged and nonpaged
memory

areas.
This might indicate a faulty RAM module, which would make sense

considering
the other problems (file corruption when large files are copied,
CRC

errors
and general crashes / freezes).
Most of the hardware has been used in other systems, and

definitely
works (SCSI, Sound, TV and Video cards all work in an old PIII 800

system).
I have been unable to reproduce the errors that I'm seeing,
and I

have
tried using a number of computer loading programs, such as

BurnInTest,
CPUBurn, Cacheburst, PCMark etc. I have no other memory to test
the

system
with, so I'm asking before I return the modules for testing.
I have been running the system without overclocking, although

have
changed the RAM latencies in the BIOS to the ones specified by

Corsair.
This
seems to make no difference to the problems. I have also tried
each

stick
individually on both channels, but the tests are inconclusive as i
am

unable
to reproduce the errors 'on demand'.

Any ideas?