Old September 14th 03, 09:51 PM
Jason

Default A7N8X Deluxe Problems

Hi all,

I'm having problems with my system - here are the specs:

Athlon XP 3200+ @2.19GHz
Asus A7N8X Deluxe PCB 2.0 Bios 1005
Corsair XMS TwinX 1024MB PC3200C2
Creatice SB Audigy 2 Platinum eX
HIS Excalibur Radeon 9800 Pro
Hauppage WinTV PCI Card
Adaptec AHA-2940U2W SCSI Controller
Windows XP SP1

The problem seems to be memory related - I get a few BSODs that display
general page faults, and errors in both the paged and nonpaged memory areas.
This might indicate a faulty RAM module, which would make sense considering
the other problems (file corruption when large files are copied, CRC errors
and general crashes / freezes).
Most of the hardware has been used in other systems, and definitely
works (SCSI, Sound, TV and Video cards all work in an old PIII 800 system).
I have been unable to reproduce the errors that I'm seeing, and I have
tried using a number of computer loading programs, such as BurnInTest,
CPUBurn, Cacheburst, PCMark etc. I have no other memory to test the system
with, so I'm asking before I return the modules for testing.
I have been running the system without overclocking, although I have
changed the RAM latencies in the BIOS to the ones specified by Corsair. This
seems to make no difference to the problems. I have also tried each stick
individually on both channels, but the tests are inconclusive as i am unable
to reproduce the errors 'on demand'.

Any ideas?
Jason