Old May 18th 11, 02:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Cole

Default Can't write to flashdrive?

On Tue, 17 May 2011 21:27:37 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Mon, 16 May 2011 22:49:07 -0500, "RnR" wrote:

On Mon, 16 May 2011 06:14:37 -0400, mm
wrote:

A friend may have removed her USB flash drive without the proper
procedure, just pulled it out.

xp has a setting which allows you to just pull out the flash drive or
have to go thru the proper sequence to do this. I accidentially
stumbled upon this once.

I'd love to know more. Do you mean left clicking on the icon in the
systray and then clicking on the little rectangular box that shows up?
Her son just showed me that Sunday night.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

With a flash disk inserted,
Device manager, Disk drives, double-click the flash disk,
Policies tab. Select 'Optimise for quick removal'.

It's still safer to also click on the icon in the systray when
removing.